Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

PSR to Hunter > Lippencott > Racetrack in May

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
5 years 10 months ago #926 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: PSR to Hunter > Lippencott > Racetrack in May
Sorry I missed you. I surprised Noah;he had no clue I was coming out. I was in the restaurant for dinner Friday, as well as working there when they had 8 tour buses through for lunch - 290 people served! Yes, Friday evening, as well as Saturday and Sunday were very busy.

I'm sure hoping I'm not out there in July. Not my favorite time. This past weekend was warm enough, and Tuesday broke 100 by 1:00pm.

David Bricker / SYR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dbosky
  • dbosky's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #925 by dbosky
dbosky replied the topic: PSR to Hunter > Lippencott > Racetrack in May
Hey David,
I was out at psr Friday and Saturday. I said hi to Noah Friday while having dinner but he was really busy the restaurant was packed. Dang! I was a day late... I had to get back to lost wages on Sunday night to fly out.

Ill be back out around last werk of July, maybe schedules will work out for a quick trip next time.

Thanks!!! Dave

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #924 by David_Bricker
Dave;

Did you get out to PSR this past weekend? I surprised Noah, and arrived Thursday afternoon. Left yesterday around noon. Surprisingly, Noah ran Lippincott and Hunter to/from the Racetrack on Monday, to show some friends that were also there. I guess it was pretty toasty, though the Jeep behaved. He did get to help someone whose battery jumped its mount, and punched a hole in the radiator. Turns out Telflon tape and a small bolt makes a reasonable radiator plug.

David Bricker / SYR
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by David_Bricker.

• dbosky
  • dbosky's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 days ago #923 by dbosky
dbosky replied the topic: PSR to Hunter > Lippencott > Racetrack in May
Sounds good, thanks for checking David! I assume The weekend will probably be busy with it being memorial weekend. Maybe another trip if the schedule/timing doesn't work out that weekend.

Thanks!
Dave Bosky

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
6 years 2 days ago #922 by David_Bricker
I'll let Noah know of your visit. I assume your user id is your name.

Noah would probably love to abuse my Jeep some more. However, his days off are typically Tuesday/Wednesday. He's now restaurant manager, and the weekends are pretty busy. But, I'll let him get into details of availability.

We ran the loop backwards in early April. Coming up Lippincott is getting more interesting, as the stairsteps seem to be more chewed up than usual. Otherwise, we went up with no issues, though Gomer is fairly well built. the mud is all gone from Hunter mountain. You need to walk a fair ways towards the "nursery" on the Racetrack to see any good tracks, but there are some nice one.

The rental Wrangler should be fine, as long as it's 4x4, and has low range.

David Bricker / SYR

More
6 years 4 days ago #921 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: PSR to Hunter > Lippencott > Racetrack in May
If anyone can test (push a jeep) it is Noah. He had a good teacher right Dave. On my way there is 2 days solo with da Tundra and door gunner(Sierra) new Lab Just got new cb installed and hope I do not need it. GBA!!SVJ