Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Death Valley Spring 2017

More
1 year 1 month ago #803 by D.A. Wright
D.A. Wright replied the topic: Death Valley Spring 2017

RichardK wrote: Since Death Valley is larger than some states, the internet ought to be big enough for two Death Valley boards.

At least four, that I am aware of. Panamint Charlie's forum and a Saline Valley forum. Might be more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 year 6 months ago #769 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Death Valley Spring 2017
Went on a run to Hunter Mountain, the Racetrack and Lippincott yesterday. A very few flowers in the higher elevations, with some nice clumps of bright yellow and other clumps of purple flowers. Sorry, don't know the names. I will try to get some pictures up when I have more bandwidth.

Temps were quite pleasant - mid to upper 80s. PSR is running upper 80s to low 90s.

David Bricker / SYR - PSR

More
1 year 6 months ago #768 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Death Valley Spring 2017
nice photos you covered a lot of ground in the time you had. so much to see I have been going since the early 70's and still find new places Harry Wade road is newest area for us.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 year 7 months ago #763 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Death Valley Spring 2017
Links are always tough. I will check and find out what the limit is.

David Bricker / SYR

• RichardK
  • RichardK's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #761 by RichardK
RichardK replied the topic: Death Valley Spring 2017
I tried to post the report here, but it was rejected as having too many links to pictures. I could preview it just fine, but it would not post. Does anyone know how many picture links the forum software allows?

I do not regard the other board as a "rival". I see both boards as complementary. Since Death Valley is larger than some states, the internet ought to be big enough for two Death Valley boards.

More
1 year 8 months ago #760 by Qnet
Qnet replied the topic: Death Valley Spring 2017
Why not post a trip report here instead of using a link to a rival forum?