Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Nov 2016 reports - Sidewinder Ultimate, Lee Wash, The Cauldron, more

• Steve Hall
  • Steve Hall's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #614 by Steve Hall
Steve Hall replied the topic: Nov 2016 reports - Sidewinder Ultimate, Lee Wash, The Cauldron, more
David - We had a great couple of meals at PSR and it was good to visit with you for the time we could. The passenger car you were driving did fairly well on Big Four Mine Rd and Lee Mines Rd. It's hard to get enough daylight to hike in the late fall and winter months, but we did the best we could.

Richard - You're welcome. Glad I could finally accomplish that hike and share the findings. It was a truly great day checking out those upper slots.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #613 by RichardK
RichardK replied the topic: Nov 2016 reports - Sidewinder Ultimate, Lee Wash, The Cauldron, more
We hiked Sidewinder once in 2005 and casually checked out the side slots. Looking at the canyon now on Google Earth, the south side looks like a major case of crow's feet. I never realized just how much good stuff could be there. Thank you for exploring these slots and posting the pictures. I have to speculate that you might be the first person to ever visit these slots. I am hard pressed to think that even the old miners and native Americans would venture into this area.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 year 5 months ago #612 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Nov 2016 reports - Sidewinder Ultimate, Lee Wash, The Cauldron, more
Glad to have been able to give you a ride. Just sorry I couldn't get you that one mile closer. Next time, the Jeep will be there, and it won't be an issue, Also hope next time, I can spend more time with you, and sit down to enjoy a beer, but it was a hectic week. Enjoyed the trip report.

David Bricker / SYR

• Steve Hall
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #611 by Steve Hall
Steve Hall replied the topic: Nov 2016 reports - Sidewinder Ultimate, Lee Wash, The Cauldron, more
Our fourth and final report contains a full documentation of the area that we call The Cauldron, which are the badlands area located in between the mouth of Fall Canyon and the mouth of Palmer Canyon. This was an excellent area to fully cover with lots of scenic gems.

The Cauldron --
www.panamintcity.com/grapevine/thecauldron.html
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Steve Hall.

• Steve Hall
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #609 by Steve Hall
Thank you, Qnet. Appreciate the thought.

Our third new report features coverage of Funeral Slot Main Side Canyon. This was a nice hike with some good scenery.

Funeral Slot Main Side Canyon --
www.panamintcity.com/funeral/funeralslotmsc.html
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Steve Hall.

More
1 year 5 months ago #602 by Qnet
Qnet replied the topic: Nov 2016 reports - Sidewinder Ultimate, Lee Wash, The Cauldron, more
Love the reports and all your efforts! 5 stars!