Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Superbloom Reports for 2016

• Steve Hall
  • Steve Hall's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 days ago #68 by Steve Hall
Steve Hall replied the topic: Superbloom Reports for 2016
You're very welcome, Richard. I'm glad you enjoyed the photographs.

Tramway Canyon

The next new report I have to share with fellow DV hikers and visitors is to a place we have long referred to as Tramway Canyon. This is located at the southwestern corner of the Black Mountains and was the absolute perfect destination to carry out a hike during the 2016 Superbloom. This hike was really the centerpiece of the trip and I think it does a good job of documenting the experience for those who made it down to the southern portion of Badwater Road during the wildflower bloom. At the same time, this canyon has some interesting mining ruins and nice narrows.

www.panamintcity.com/black/tramwaycanyon.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 days ago #67 by RichardK
RichardK replied the topic: Superbloom Reports for 2016
Those are some beautiful areas. Thanks for the pictures.

• Steve Hall
More
2 years 1 week ago #66 by Steve Hall
Steve Hall replied the topic: Superbloom Reports for 2016
Saratoga Spring (2016 Superbloom)

The second new report replaces one of our old ones and documents Saratoga Spring as seen during the wildflower superbloom. Coming up next will be a hiking report to a previously undocumented destination, but first I wanted to start out with the Ibex Dunes and Saratoga Spring to show what these looked like at full wildflower potential.

www.panamintcity.com/ibex/saratogaspring.html

• Steve Hall
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #63 by Steve Hall
Steve Hall created the topic: Superbloom Reports for 2016
In February of 2016, I had the chance to visit Death Valley during the Superbloom of wildflowers. In order to experience the widest variety of blooms, I visited five locations in the park -- Ibex Sand Dunes, Saratoga Spring, Tramway Canyon (major canyon at southwestern corner of the Black Mountains), USMM 142 Canyon (major canyon south of King Midas Canyon in the Funeral Mountains), and Owl BM in the Owlshead Mountains. Most of these areas resulted in exceptional photography of the wildflower bloom. I've finally had the opportunity to begin working on these five reports and will be publishing them here on the new updated DV Talk forum as they are released in the coming weeks. The first one has just been finished up and released.

Ibex Sand Dunes (2016 Superbloom)

The first new report documents the Ibex Sand Dunes. There truly was tremendous beauty on display in this area with the abundance of wildflowers in and around the sand dunes. Having visited the Ibex Dunes previously, I could see a huge difference and it proved to be a great way to start off my trip. Enjoy this first report and there is much more to come.

www.panamintcity.com/ibex/ibexdunes.html