Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Mengel Pass to Westside road

• sunvalleyjoe
  • sunvalleyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1195 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Mengel Pass to Westside road
thank you Dave .I will pass it on not sure but think they are going to be in older 4runner 6''lift and new one lifted . Both have winches and either 33 or 35 inch tires. I will tell them about the bridge no longer there. give Noah regards and have a good holidays. Sperry wash was something else and Dumont Dunes was a nut house. GBA!!SVJ DAV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1194 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Mengel Pass to Westside road
No bridge between Ballarat and West Side Rd. Road through Goler should be good, since work on the Keystone has been happening. Last report I heard was that Mengal Pass was a bit more torn up, but west to east should be OK for a decently equipped rig.

Chicken Rock bridge in South Park was entirely replaced a couple of years ago, and is no longer a bridge at all. It's now fully filled in. The bridge did have a BLM posted weight limit of 6,000 pounds on it for some time, but no longer.

David Bricker / SYR

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1193 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Mengel Pass to Westside road
thought there was some wooden bridge you had to cross and NPS put a weight limit on it a few years back. Been a long time since I have made that trip. heath affecting my memory.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1192 by genocache
genocache replied the topic: Mengel Pass to Westside road
Chicken Rock bridge? It's not on the way from Ballarat to WSR. I don't remember a bridge on Goler?

gene

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1191 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe created the topic: Mengel Pass to Westside road
have some friends from Reno heading to DV. They want to know of any restrictions on going from Ballarat to West Side Road. They asked about weight restrictions on the Bridge?? Due to vehicle size etc. I know sometime back they limited the bridge to certain vehicles. Thanks Joe