Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

PV forum ?

More
3 months 1 day ago #1182 by Garyw
Garyw replied the topic: PV forum ?
Still have the archives. Love going down memory lane. That seems to be my entertainment more and more these days.;(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 days ago #1181 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: PV forum ?
good idea Dave . this forum had quite a bit of users in beginning. Then PV and Saline site opened up.I prefer this site to all other DV sites. Good old days when Bandit had everyone on edge . Had a great trip to east side of DV Titus and Greenwater area . Tecopa was nice but cold for this time of year. Had the best french fries ever at Crowbar. Cook said they cut them and freeze them and cook them frozen they are the best. Even went to Rhyolite and Beatty had not been there in over 35 years. GBA!!SVJ

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
3 months 4 days ago #1180 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: PV forum ?
I really don't see that happening. While additional traffic would be nice, pv.com and this forum have different audiences. The mechanics of changing the forum software is not at all trivial.

Have some patience, which I know is tough when there is minimal info. There is work going on behind the scenes to rectify this issue.

David Bricker / SYR

More
3 months 4 days ago #1179 by D.A. Wright
D.A. Wright replied the topic: PV forum ?
If PV.com doesn’t return, why not use this forum to replace it? This forum is the ancestor to all the DV forums and this site certainly could use some traffic.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
3 months 1 week ago #1178 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: PV forum ?
Not just you. The site provider pulled the plug on us. Reason given was the BB software being backlevel. We do have backups of the database, and are looking to resolve the issue.

I will update as I have more information.

David Bricker / SYR
The following user(s) said Thank You: genocache

• genocache
  • genocache's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 months 1 week ago #1177 by genocache
genocache created the topic: PV forum ?
Have not been able to log on for a week. First my link went to a Sagebrush website provider now it goes to IP server not found. Just me? Thanks, gene