Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Western Half of Lippincott Road

More
1 month 1 week ago #1159 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Western Half of Lippincott Road
I have one of those you stick in the hole from outside of tire. Air Compressor a good one duct Tape roll of bailing wire 4 quarts of oil, Shovel, an axe ,a pick , Various pieces of 2x6 and 2x8 wood (for jack in soft soil, hi lift jack. 25 foot nylon tow strap,5 gal of water. food sleeping bag, still have cb radio. all kinds of tools wrenches and socket set.Big orange tarp( old parachute) big can of inflate a flat and 2 gallons of gas. Barb q starter. I usually have enough of supplies to last 2 days. Saline valley road has fair amount of traffic. North end of death valley and Harry Wade road not so much. Good luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kayaker77
  • kayaker77's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #1158 by kayaker77
kayaker77 replied the topic: Western Half of Lippincott Road
So what kind of tire repair kit/supplies do you guys carry when you're out there, in case you do get a couple flat tires?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1151 by sunvalleyjoe
lots of Toyotas in Reno these days. common saying Toyota we don't need no stinking winches. This will get a response I am sure.SVJ DAV

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1141 by sunvalleyjoe
you got be tuff to live in Nevada. The last time to Saline I left my buddies behind one in Ford pu and other in Jeep. I was doing about 40 mph till I got to South pass. Ps they will not ride with m,e in the Tundra. At almost 75 years old I have to do everything fast ha ha hope you are well. Ps older Tundra with4.7 v8 lifted and 32in tires is perfect combo for me.also for got Bilstein shocks tell Noah hello. GBA!!SVJ

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1140 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Western Half of Lippincott Road
How do you still have your teeth, at 32 psi on 10 plies? I generally run 12-15 psi off road on my 6 ply. The tires are more pliable to wrap around rocks for better traction. The lower air pressure provides a smoother ride. There is arguably a reduction in the potential for cuts from sharp rocks, as the tire can flex more easily.

LT rated tires only should run lower pressure. P rated tires sidewall's can't handle the additional flex. In addition, if you have a heavy rig / camper, don't go so low as to exceed the tire's load rating.

David Bricker / SYR - ITO

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1139 by sunvalleyjoe
letting air out of tires? I have never had to do this am i missing something. Run big o big foot at 32psi 10 ply . Been all over Death Valley and great Basin Desert . Just do not slow down on sand roads. even made Saline in Baja bug 20+ years ago. be safe