Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Western Half of Lippincott Road

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 month 5 days ago #1169 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Western Half of Lippincott Road
He is living in Keeler. Bought a house there. Fixing it up quite nicely.

David Bricker / SYR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 6 days ago #1167 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Western Half of Lippincott Road
what happened with Keeler is he still in the DV area

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 month 6 days ago #1164 by David_Bricker
At this point, Saturday and Sunday. He also is no longer working at PSR, primarily due to the Covid issues.

He also got married this month!

David Bricker / SYR

More
1 month 1 week ago #1161 by sunvalleyjoe
what are noahs days off.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 month 1 week ago #1160 by David_Bricker
For tires, I carry an ARB tire plug kit (Speedy Seal), also known as Safety Seal kit. The ARB kit has sturdier tools. It's not cheap, around $40-45, but worth it if you are going out multiple times. It uses a lubricant and self-vulcanizing plugs, as opposed to adhesive. I've never had one fail, and sometimes we've put in 4-6 plugs to repair a cut. As always, when you return home, you should get the tire properly repaired from the inside with a patch. I have a compressor built into my winch, though those aren't sold anymore. Almost any compressor will work; it just depends on how long it takes to air up the tire.

Everything else Joe says is also important, especially the water.A 2x2 foot piece of 3/4" plywood is a great base for soft sand. I also carry a bottle jack, as for tire changing, I hate hi-lift jacks. In additional to Joe's list, I have some emergency food rations, and a big first aid kit.

In thinking further, I would strongly NOT recommend most any rental vehicle on Lippincott. Going up or down, you really need low range, and 95% of rental SUVs will be two wheel drive, and certainly won't have low range. Going up without the lower gears could burn out an auto trans; going down could burn out the brakes.

David Bricker / SYR

More
1 month 1 week ago #1159 by sunvalleyjoe
I have one of those you stick in the hole from outside of tire. Air Compressor a good one duct Tape roll of bailing wire 4 quarts of oil, Shovel, an axe ,a pick , Various pieces of 2x6 and 2x8 wood (for jack in soft soil, hi lift jack. 25 foot nylon tow strap,5 gal of water. food sleeping bag, still have cb radio. all kinds of tools wrenches and socket set.Big orange tarp( old parachute) big can of inflate a flat and 2 gallons of gas. Barb q starter. I usually have enough of supplies to last 2 days. Saline valley road has fair amount of traffic. North end of death valley and Harry Wade road not so much. Good luck