Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

death valley talk

• sunvalleyjoe
  • sunvalleyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 months 1 week ago #1118 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: death valley talk
my niece lives south of town building a house. We thought about going to Austin and driving up from south but glad you mentioned the smoke. Reno is terrible only leave the house for VA app. lungs are in bad shape so need to stay safe.Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #1116 by D.A. Wright
D.A. Wright replied the topic: death valley talk
The visibility here in Winnemucca has been 0.5 to 0.75 mile the past couple days. I tried to barbecue on my deck yesterday but my eyes, throat and lungs were burning.

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 months 1 week ago #1115 by sunvalleyjoe
my friends in Independence told me someone blocked the trail with boulders so not possible to make the run. Badger Flat had lots of traffic this spring and the canyon was full of rvs from La after stay at home order was given. BLM had no issues with campers but Inyo sheriff dept told them to leave Inyo county.We are smoked out in Reno and at place in Portola area been crazy year.

More
2 months 1 week ago #1113 by D.A. Wright
D.A. Wright replied the topic: death valley talk
That be me. I moved to north central Nevada in 2008 from Big Pine. I’ve made the entire run over Harkless Flat, Mazourka Flat, Badger Flat several times. I was afraid to try it in my 1996 Chevrolet S10 4x4 pickup, but actually it wouldn’t have had any issues. Finally tried it after trading the Chevy in on my 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, which I owned until last year. Gave it to a family member and replaced the truck with a 4Runner.

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 months 1 week ago #1112 by sunvalleyjoe
sorry Dave thought this site was done. God forgot about Dave Wright talked with him years ago . He moved to Nevada I think from Owens Valley. PD is getting real bad memory is fading. Dave made the run from Mazourka canyon to Harkness Flat I never did find the trail.GBA!!SVJ DAV

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
2 months 1 week ago #1111 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: death valley talk
David Wright is right. This forum, as well as Panamintvalley.com are staying in place, and there are no plans for that to change.

David Bricker / SYR - ITO