Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Is Riggs Road passable in 2wd?

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
4 months 1 week ago #1093 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Is Riggs Road passable in 2wd?
I wish I could give you information about the road, but my knowledge is more on the west side if the valley and Panamint Valleys. Hopefully, someone can chime in.

You may try over at PanamintValley.com. There are a few members that live in the Pahrump area, and may have direct experience.

David Bricker / SYR - LNY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #1091 by Ruark
Ruark created the topic: Is Riggs Road passable in 2wd?
I'll be visiting the Baker area the first week of August, and would like to go down Riggs Road off of 127 for about a mile and a half. Is that passable in a 2wd? I'll be renting a car, no idea what I'll get, possibly a Charger or Fusion. I'm very experienced with off road driving, but in this case I'm stuck with this car. I want to visit the remains of the old Riggs Section House. It's a patch of concrete down where Riggs Road forks, a mile or so off of 127. I know the road's not very rough; I'm more concerned with getting stuck in deep sand.
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Ruark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.