Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Cerro Gordo

• sunvalleyjoe
  • sunvalleyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 months 6 hours ago #1094 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Cerro Gordo
wow what a bummer. If I lived closer I would help with the electrical. Guess after 50 years working in industrial I could use some of my experience to help the town. I would not climb pole or hi tension tower like old days . Give Noah my regards. SVJ DAV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
2 months 11 hours ago #1092 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Cerro Gordo
A fair bit of discussion was had over at Panamintvalley.com. Appears to have been started by an electrical issue. The hotel, the icehouse, and the Crappo house burned; no other structures were damaged.

David Bricker / SYR - LNY

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 months 3 days ago #1090 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Cerro Gordo
just found it on you tube The Hotel burnt down very sad time nothing left. They are planning on rebuilding it.SVJ

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 months 3 days ago #1089 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe created the topic: Cerro Gordo
has anyone any info on the fire at Cerro Gordo. The news paper had a small; article but did not say how much damage. SVJ