Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Ballarat

More
7 months 14 hours ago #1081 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Ballarat
Donna was the one that told my wife it was Charlie's pw you be safe Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
7 months 17 hours ago #1077 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Ballarat
Sorry, I've been off the board for a while. Had a browser issue that was preventing me from logging on.

The Power Wagon was definitely not from the Manson clan.

Rocky indeed is gone from Ballarat. There are new caretakers there, and things are getting cleaned up, with respect to some of the junk laying around. But, I suspect not a lot will change. The bathrooms have been redone, such that they can actually be used without dying of 12 different diseases immediately upon entering.

David Bricker / SYR

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #1074 by sunvalleyjoe
the power wagon last caretaker Donna had no idea where it came from. Not sure who painted the interior with the stars!!!

• Ptk
  • Ptk's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1073 by Ptk
Ptk replied the topic: Ballarat
Thanks for the input.
Been in Ballarat three times and met Rocky twice.
He seemed like a pretty nice guy.
I knew about the Easy Rider sequence, and believe it or not I have an old HD Panhead sitting in the garage as we speak.
I’ve been fascinated by the old Power Wagon in Ballarat.
Rocky told us it was actually used by the Manson family.
I’ve read elsewhere it wasn’t.
Who knows the real story but since I only believe half of what I see and none of what I read, I’ll take Rocky’s word.
Thanks again for the info.
PTK

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1072 by sunvalleyjoe
George was Rockys dad. They had the old Chris W claim in surprise canyon.They did prospecting in the area. They had a fire that destroyed the old place when they had been living in Ballarat. Donna was caretaker at Ballarat before George and Rocky took over.Cannot remember the dates.Rocky found a puppy wandering around and kept him his name was Potlicker great dog. We spent 9 days at tecopa last Oct and made the trip to Greenwater and Furnace From Shoshone to Furnace Creek had a ball.looking for more old pictures to post. PS Ballarat was in the film Easyrider when they took off on the HD. GBA!!SVJ DAV

• Ptk
  • Ptk's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1071 by Ptk
Ptk replied the topic: Ballarat
Not familiar with the recent history of Ballarat.
Can you let me know who George was and what’s the story about the fire?
Also, last year I committed to buy you a drink or lunch at Tecopa if our schedules coincided.
Unfortunately my wife hijacked last falls planned trip and the Corona virus hijacked my plans to visit this month.
Maybe we could connect once things get better.