Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Bickel camp

• sunvalleyjoe
  • sunvalleyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #1062 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Bickel camp
pl;ace was a mess deep sand and some one moved the sign to Bickel plus rained like hell. Last chance road was impassable from Randsburg side but no sign.Hod to keep the Tundra flooed and had rear locked almost buried the pu. Feel sorry for the people who tried in the Subaru way too low to ground. Red Rock State park is all messed up. Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1061 by sunvalleyjoe
Schimts camp had trash all over tv, computer etc. Why would someone drive all that way to dump trash.I think Bickels camp has BLM care taker from what I heard last trip to Randsburg. My friend from Independence wants to see Red Rock so I figure good road trip. I have been stuck in Reno since Oct. so need to travel. Thanks again.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1060 by Older Fossil
Older Fossil replied the topic: Bickel camp
I don't know if there still has been a caretaker living at Bickel Camp. If there hasn't been, I'm worried about what is left there. It was sad the last time we were at Burro Schmidt Tunnel. All of the buildings including his cabin had been leveled.

Maybe you could hook up with Rubiblue (Jim Kenney) of Ridgecrest as he knows that area very well.

Art

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #1059 by sunvalleyjoe
thank you leaving on Friday. I have seen the camp from Burro S tunnel but always left the other way to Garlock. One of my bucket list trips. not worried about road conditions my toy is set up for Nevada travel ( Black Rock Desert) . Sunvalleyjoe

More
8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #1058 by Older Fossil
Older Fossil replied the topic: Bickel camp
I just happened to check this forum and saw your post. You probably have already left, but in case you didn't or need it in the future I figured I'd offer my $0.02. IMHO, the following is the quickest/easiest way to Bickel Camp. There are plenty of other roads out there with various degrees of difficulty. It has been years since we were at Bickel Camp, so I don't know its condition these days.

Head north on Hwy-14 until you pass the road to Ricardo CG in Red Rock SP
At 9.8 miles past the Red Rock turnoff, turn right (south-east) onto Last Chance Canyon Road (Ep15)
After 6.3 miles Ep15 intersects with Ep30. Take Ep30 east (left)
Bickel Camp is 1.2 miles east along Ep30.

Art
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Older Fossil.

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 months 18 hours ago #1057 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe created the topic: Bickel camp
I know it is not in Death Valley but I am going that way and want to see the camp. I have been to Burro Schmitds tunnel. I want to know the directions from Red Rock State park can anyone help. We are entering DV thru Trona from Ridgecrest. Hoppe we have good weather 6 day trip thank you. Joe
Attachments: