Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Cerro Gordo

• sunvalleyjoe
  • sunvalleyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #1054 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Cerro Gordo
too bad I know she was stoked about Tahoe. We invited her to come up to our summer place outside of Grayeagle but she never called us.We looked for a place in Darwin but water was the issue back in early 80's. I think Darwin gets colder than our place in Nevada we are out by Pyramid Lake at 5100 ft. SVJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #1053 by DarwinMax
DarwinMax replied the topic: Cerro Gordo
SVJ, Tahoe didn't work out for her. She is now living and working in Borrego Springs.

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #1052 by sunvalleyjoe
I have not heard from Ursula in 10 months hope she is still at Darwin. Last time I talked to her she was headed for Tahoe . If she is still at darwin tell her you heard from Ricco in Reno>GBA!!SVJ

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #1051 by sunvalleyjoe
Also remember old timer who use to camp by the road to the Falls . He had a Dodge power wagon and a old air strem trailer to many years for me remember his name.

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #1050 by sunvalleyjoe
I still have some of the silver/lead ingots from Cerro not sure what I paid for them . We made our first trip in 75 with a vw van. Cannot remember people names we met too many years ago. Also stopped a PS same trip to look for ice. We camped at Bodie before the rangers quit letting us do so. Years ago we met the couple that owned the store / dance hall in Darwin I think they had
a Mercedes sports car parked in the building.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1049 by DarwinMax
DarwinMax replied the topic: Cerro Gordo
I know Noah, he works at the PS resort! Those lots near the base boundary sell for very little. But, no access to town water there, it must be hauled in. I've heard of some other people buying lots there.