Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Cerro Gordo

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #990 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Cerro Gordo
Money pit is running well. Maybe it's starting to pay off after everything invested in it. Noah and I took a trip to Moab in October, and did some nice trails. Didn't break anything on the trip, so happy about that.

David Bricker / SYR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sunvalleyjoe
  • sunvalleyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #989 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Cerro Gordo
how is the money pit doing(JEEP). I will diff stop at PSR to see Noah if I make the trip. I was going thru old pictures from Army days in the 60's and remember how many times we barley made it back to base after tearing up the jeep or 3/4 ton with our driving. Guess I am lucky I made it home.LOL GBA!SVJ

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #988 by David_Bricker
Spring trips have been vetoed by the CEO. Too much work to do on the house here in New York. I'm not happy, but I don't see that changing until I get some stuff done.

David Bricker / SYR

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #987 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Cerro Gordo
Hey Dave hope all is well. It takes awhile for news to reach Reno from Darwin and Keeler. What are your plans for spring trip. I am going to give it another shot for DV this spring all depends on VA apps. GBA!!SVJ

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #986 by David_Bricker
Hi Joe;

CG was sold a number of months ago. From what I've heard, things won't be changing for some time. A lot of hurdles before radical changes, water being one of the biggies. The new owners appear to be fairly well aligned with the ideas of preservation that Mike and Jody had in mind, so it may turn out all right.

David Bricker / SYR

• sunvalleyjoe
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #985 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe created the topic: Cerro Gordo
Just got a call from a freind in Darwin. Cerros has been sold for 1Million to some org that is going to make a tourist attraction out of it. Hope I got the story right . Has anyone heard about this chage in the town?. Made our first trip to Cerro in 1974 in a VW van what a trip.Never got out of 1st gear.