Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Gold Point Nv

• sunvalleyjoe
  • sunvalleyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #937 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Gold Point Nv
been a mess Sage Brush Rebellion started in Nevada . I remember in the 70's we tried to get land turned over to state (Nevada). Herb and Sandy bought quite a few cabins and lots in Gold Point and started to restore old buildings..Then BLM came in and said land was never private owned so the battle started.I have not been to Gold Point in 5 years but things are getting better. GBA!!SVJ trying to post pictures but no luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #935 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Gold Point Nv
Haven't followed this closely, but but fights with BLM over land rights have always been tough.

David Bricker / SYR

• sunvalleyjoe
  • sunvalleyjoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 1 month ago #933 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe created the topic: Gold Point Nv
Just read a newspaper article about Gold Point . Looks like after 30 years Blm is going to give the owners titles to the land and not mineral rights. I sure Herb and Sandy we be over joyed with this decision from The BLM .GBA!!SVJ