Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?

• CandaceS
  • CandaceS's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #867 by CandaceS
CandaceS replied the topic: PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?
Okay, glad to hear that. Since Beatty Lady says she's not coming, I need someone else to sit with LOL

BTW, I also heard that bad tux will be there.

Hopefully I will see SunValleyJoe and RandyS there as well!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #865 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?
I would expect Rubiblue and Donna to be here tomorrow. Bill Gossett should be here, but Barb won't.

We just finished tonight's prep. Will be back in the kitchen at 7:00am (I get to sleep "in") to get things ready for T-day.

David Bricker / SYR - PSR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CandaceS

• CandaceS
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #864 by CandaceS
David, if you see this... will Rubiblue & company be there tomorrow?

• CandaceS
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #863 by CandaceS
Yes indeed that happened! In fact I was driving back from Thanksgiving in Death Valley National Park, to the Bay Area.

There was a CHP checkpoint on the 395 around the Mammoth Lakes turn off. I had a Nissan Xterra with ATA tires on it. But I had to drive back to Bishop and buy a set of those cable things. And then I was able to pass on through.

Note I did not put them on, I just had to have them with me. In fact, I returned those as soon as possible to my local Kmart, LOL

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #862 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?
ok but I go over the Sierras to Sac all the time and get checked for chains at Truckee if you do not have them they turn you around.I Have Tundra all set up for winter and go to my place at Lake davis. Have never used them but Cal trans checks for them. When they make chains mandatory on all vehicles even 4x4 it is to slow you down on the hiway. BTY Candace go turned around on 395 some years back because she did not have chains even though she had a 4x4 with good traction tires.I have lived in Nevada over 50 years and never had been checked for chains. But Ca is different.

More
5 months 9 minutes ago - 5 months 4 minutes ago #859 by D.A. Wright
D.A. Wright replied the topic: PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?

sunvalleyjoe wrote: They checked mine a few weeks back on trip from Big Pine to Reno.Toyota we do not need no stinking chains!!

In all my years of living in the Eastern Sierra, I’ve never been stopped and checked for chains. However, like most locals, I kept my dealer plate frames on my truck, so patrolmen would know I was a local and not your run of the mill “flatlander”.

I still have an unused set of Napa brand HD truck chains for my Tacoma that I purchased just after I bought my truck in 2002. Carry them for the day if and when I get checked, not to use. I’ve driven countless times in snow deeper than the axles.

Closest I’ve ever used them was a few years ago not far from home on the road between Midas and Tuscarora. Unmaintained, three feet of snow over a base of ultra slick mag-chloride. Decided I didn’t need to exlore further that day and played it safe by turning around.
Last Edit: 5 months 4 minutes ago by D.A. Wright.