Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?

• CandaceS
  • CandaceS's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #877 by CandaceS
CandaceS replied the topic: PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?
The comment about the cranberry sauce was a joke, thus the :P !

I do know that everyone else at my table felt the same way about the turkey! Thanks for explaining what happened there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #876 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?
Candace; Sorry you were disappointed with the turkey. PSR was also not happy, but the supplier changed the turkey at the last minute, and didn't inform us. We weren't aware of the change until Tuesday, when it was delivered. And we've never had jellied cranberry sauce, and this is the first comment about that.

It was good to see you, but of course, you can always try The Amargose Cafe, and see how it compares.

We set a new record for attendance this year, at 432 guests, not counting employees and family. It was very nice to hear so many positive comments from others about the meal.

David Bricker. SYR - PSR

• CandaceS
  • CandaceS's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #873 by CandaceS
CandaceS replied the topic: PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?
Okay, I have to be honest: though I enjoyed the company, the actual meal itself was slightly disappointing. The turkey was really dry and tough to chew. And no jellied cranberry sauce? :dry: :P

Next year, I might consider trying the dinner at the Amargosa Hotel Cafe. If I'm in Las Vegas, it's a lot closer anyway ;)
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by CandaceS.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #872 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?
class 4 sounds like my drive way in Nevada. No worries just got over 60 yards of road base and then gravel next .the Camry looked like it did the Baja 500 after last winter thank God for the Tundra ha ha. GBA!!SVJ

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #870 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?
Sunvalleyjoe is still in Nevada our sons and grandkids pulled a surprise visit. Glad to have them here no PSR again this year. you guys have a good time . Va app next week maybe a trip to Tecopa and DV in Dec. give the Brickers a hello for me. GBA!!SVJ

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #869 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: PSR Thanksgiving 2017...who's going?
Bad tux will be there, as well as Tracy and Tracey. They were supposed to come in tonight, but I didn't see them. On the other hand, I was in the kitchen until 9 pm.

I've got a few friends coming in tomorrow morning as well.

I need a 4x4 rig on Friday and Saturday to do some runs. Any takers? Class 4 stuff, nothing extreme.

David Bricker / SYR - PSR