Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Panamint valley forum?

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #847 by BadTux99
BadTux99 replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
I can see the content too. Just can't modify it because of the PHP errors. I had a similar situation with my Jeep club's Wordpress for the same reason (upgrading the platform without first upgrading the blog software), but the solution that worked for Wordpress isn't going to work for PHPbbs, alas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #846 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
Hi Candace. I'm not sure why you can't even view the existing content. I can see it on my laptop, my Android (Note 3), and my iPhony. This is whether I'm logged in or not.

While it will take some time, please be assured there are plans to get everything running back to normal. Some requirements for immediate server changes caught us off-guard; hence the current mismatch on OS and forum software levels.

David Bricker / SYR - LAS

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #844 by CandaceS
CandaceS replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
Hey badtux, I wasn't getting worked up. I just wanted to make sure David (and anyone else involved) knows that content can't be viewed. At least not by me, with my devices. B)

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #842 by BadTux99
BadTux99 replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
Candace, the problem is that the software version of the forum software is incompatible with the version of PHP that's running on the server platform. If they can't change the version of PHP on the host they may need to change the version of the forum software. Either one of those can be painful in a shared hosting environment -- may not even be able to change / reconfigure the PHP, because shared hosts must run the latest security fixes to prevent intrusion.

We run into that kind of problem in the commercial world all the time, but we have more control because we're shelling out $$$$$ rather than $. WIth pv.com you get what you pay for. So it'll get fixed when the web host and the admin get it fixed...

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #841 by CandaceS
CandaceS replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
I just went over and tried again, using my Android phone. I tried 30+ threads across several sub forums, and got the same phpBB debug message nearly every time.

Don't those debug meessages also create an error dump file or something for the admins?

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #839 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
We had some miscommunication, and are currently trying to work through getting things back going.

At this point, all original content is intact, and can be viewed. It appears that no one can post new items. There is a incompatibility between the existing forum software level, and the new server platform. Due to the admin being extremely busy, I can't provide a date when this will get resolved. But, be assured, we're not giving up on it.

David Bricker / SYR