Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Panamint valley forum?

• genocache
  • genocache's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 2 days ago #917 by genocache
genocache replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
Not my first time back probably twice a day since it came back, but likely my computer and not the forum. Thankd for the reply David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #916 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
I've not seen any issues, and I've been beating on the forum pretty hard, making sure things are working OK.

If it the first time you've visited since we brought the site back up, then having to log in would be expected.

David Bricker / SYR
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by David_Bricker.

• genocache
  • genocache's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #915 by genocache
genocache replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
Glad the PV forum is up, Thanks! Just wanted to report though that a few minutes ago I clicked on my favorites link for it and my screen came up with a blue screen and I couldn't read it fast enough other than get the idea that something was wrong before it shut down my computer and restarted it. After it was up I ran a quick check of my computer security and it came back negative....when I again clicked my favorites I found I was logged out. Haven't logged back in yet, thought I'd make a record here first.
Anyone else have this happen?

Update; logged in OK so far!
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by genocache. Reason: update

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #909 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
I have no trouble accessing it from my desktop. It is indeed alive!

Badtux, thank you so much for taking on this project, and getting pv.com back and running.

Folks, we apologize for the site being so for so long, but between jobs changes, schedules, and communications, it took a while to find the right volunteer. Very glad to see the forum back, and intact.

David Bricker / SYR

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #908 by BadTux99
BadTux99 replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
And.... now back up. The answer to getting it back up was so stupidly simple that it annoys me that it took me three days to figure it out. Oh well, it was three MONTHS for everybody else who looked at it!

Let me know if you have difficulty getting there. I tried from my house and from my office at work and had no trouble, but we'll see.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #892 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: Panamint valley forum?
just talked to a person at PSR and he is taking over the site . It needs some work to get going . Server issues I believe.He is doing his best to get it going again. RIGHT DAVE!!