Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

This forum died-------Goodbye, I'm moving to Tecopa

More
10 months 1 day ago #848 by sunvalleyjoe
sunvalleyjoe replied the topic: This forum died-------Goodbye
Hey Dave not going to make it to PSR for Turkey Day. Finally able to get around on new forum set up.As far as the other 2 forums go I have asked questions on both and never got a reply on inquiries.I met people at Saline Hs on my trip 2 years ago but they never answered back so.Anyway tell Noah I said high also if Mark with the old Forerunner is still around.GBA!!SVJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
10 months 1 day ago #845 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: This forum died-------Goodbye
I would suggest that you not hold your breath, whether it be for clues, or for an actual $100 bill stashed someplace. But , you can always hope. A Treasure hunt could be fun.

David Bricker / SYR - LAS

More
10 months 1 day ago #843 by CandaceS
CandaceS replied the topic: This forum died-------Goodbye

Qnet wrote: I came back but this place is still sleeping, I stashed a $100 bill off 178 somewhere west of Shoshone and if we get some chatter going here, I will give out clues on where to find it, otherwise I pick it up on my Christmas run to the kids.

I'm still hoping for some Clues. :whistle:

Is it possible to tell how long it has been since Qnet logged in here? He threw down a gauntlet, but apparently hasn't noticed that there's activity, LOL

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
10 months 6 days ago #838 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: This forum died-------Goodbye, I'm moving to Tecopa
Yes, the old forum was very difficult to maintain, and highly subject to spam, as many may remember. Several of us spent a lot of hours trying to keep the spam to a minimum. this new software gives us (me) the opportunity to stop most of the spam before it ever hits the board.

Regarding php or vBulletin; yes, most forums run on those. I am not convinced that not using one of those is the reason activity is down. I am on a number of vBulletin or php forums, and all of them have reduced activity. It would be naive to think that The Book of Faces hasn't contributed far more to the reduced activity than anything else.

David Bricker / SYR

More
10 months 6 days ago - 10 months 6 days ago #834 by Ruark
Ruark replied the topic: This forum died-------Goodbye, I'm moving to Tecopa

CandaceS wrote: Yeah, TBH I kinda liked DV talk because it had that old school interface. But of course I didn't have to maintain it, so maybe it really was getting to be unworkable.

It was sort of like an old bar or pub where a bunch of people hung out. Yeah, it wasn't modern and fancy; it was old and rustic, but everybody hung out there because it was "their" place.

If he had switched it over to vBulletin or phpBB, that probably would have saved it. Too late now, though; that horse has left the barn.
Last Edit: 10 months 6 days ago by Ruark.

More
10 months 1 week ago #830 by CandaceS
CandaceS replied the topic: This forum died-------Goodbye, I'm moving to Tecopa
Yeah, TBH I kinda liked DV talk because it had that old school interface. But of course I didn't have to maintain it, so maybe it really was getting to be unworkable.