Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Wildflowers

• David_Bricker
  • David_Bricker's Avatar Topic Author
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #756 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Wildflowers
I heard the winds were extreme. That will finish off any flowers that were there. Thanks for the report.

A number of things at and near PSR blew over yesterday, Weather report was calling for 70 mph gusts, up to 85mph in the mountains. The Panamint Dunes got a new load of sand from the lakebed.

If you make it over to PSR, say hi to my son, Noah. He'll be at the restaurant, running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

David Bricker / SYR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #755 by RichardK
RichardK replied the topic: Wildflowers
We are in the park now. Minimal wildflowers, typical of a dry year. Really bad winds yesterday Thursday.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #752 by RichardK
RichardK replied the topic: Wildflowers
I saw somewhere that the flower bloom was low this year. We arrive in Beatty Wednesday night for 3 days of hiking. I will post a report of whatever we find.

• David_Bricker
  • David_Bricker's Avatar Topic Author
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #751 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker created the topic: Wildflowers
I understand some areas are showing some decent wildflower displays. Anyone have any pictures to share? I'm not able to get out this year in time. Last year's show was pretty impressive.

David Bricker / SYR