Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

cold weather camping

• Qnet
  • Qnet's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #594 by Qnet
Qnet replied the topic: cold weather camping
I just bought a propane heater[ www.walmart.com/ip/World-Marketing-of-Am...inet-Heater/21977525 ] to help keep us warm while camping off-road this winter, will let you know results as we use it. 5 gallon bottle was setting unused on BBQ in backyard, now it can work year round! Thinking about a sleeping bag suit for wearing around camp as well

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
1 year 5 months ago #593 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: cold weather camping
I used to enjoy it, but not as much anymore. Of course, I guess it depends on your definition of cold. Freezing, no problem. I've got an old (45 years) down bag that has 3 5/8 lbs of down, so it's useless anything warmer than 40.

Now, camping at -20? Meh, I'll pass.

David Bricker / SYR

• Qnet
  • Qnet's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #592 by Qnet
Qnet created the topic: cold weather camping
How many enjoy cold weather camping? I have camped in my 4x4 in zero degree weather using my propane lantern for heat and sleeping in my down bag. Dutch oven cooking and hot springs nearby...