Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Goldpoint Thanksgiving 2016

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
4 years 4 months ago #581 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Goldpoint Thanksgiving 2016
Yep, I can still do it. Noah is on his way to Lone Pine for fuel for his truck.

David Bricker / SYR - LAS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #580 by Steve Hall
Steve Hall replied the topic: Goldpoint Thanksgiving 2016
Hey David,

Lee Wash is back on for Friday morning 7:00am if you are still available.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #577 by David_Bricker
Steve, no problem. Thanks for letting me know. I suspect I can fill the time with working on my son's MJ or continuing the upgrades to the wireless network. I'll likely be hanging close to PSR for most of the trip, since I don't have Gomer out there right now.

Hopefully, you can still make it for Thanksgiving. The grub is worth it!

David Bricker / SYR - ITO
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by David_Bricker.

• ADunning
  • Geologist, Musician, and DV enthusiast.
More
4 years 5 months ago #576 by ADunning
ADunning replied the topic: Goldpoint Thanksgiving 2016
Geez. I won't be able to make it down for Thanksgiving at least until I graduate, so its all winter from here on out! Goin for five days this year, haven't been for that long since 2009. Got a bunch of cool stuff lined up!

Keep up with my trip reports and informative ramblings over at dvexplore.blogspot.com !
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
I miss Death Valley;...

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #575 by Steve Hall
Steve Hall replied the topic: Goldpoint Thanksgiving 2016
Hey David, after thinking it over I decided to save Lee Wash for another trip. I'd rather hike it when there is more daylight in the spring and when I'm headed over to Saline to complete some hikes there. Thanks, though. I'll check in with you later to see when you might be back out at PSR next year.

Andrew, yes, Lee Wash will be a great hike. But I'm going to postpone it. As for the others, I don't really post about them in advance any more. Two things happened when I used to do that. First, there were a couple of times when I had a few others rush out to "beat" me to the hikes to gain credit for themselves. Sad but true. Second, I actually had others I didn't know showing up in the areas where I announced I would be hiking because they knew I would be there. A bit odd, I know.

I will be in the park Thurs to Sun next weekend if you'll be around.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Steve Hall.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
4 years 5 months ago #574 by David_Bricker
Steve, I checked, and yes, sold out for Thursday night. However, there are overflow sites in the campground that are first come, first serve.

If you let me know for certain, there is a chance that I could see about grabbing one a bit in advance.

David Bricker / SYR - ITO