Welcome to the Forum
  • Welcome Message +

Dear friends,The old DVTalk campsite served us well since 2001. Over time, however, our one-of a-kind, custom programmed message board has become archaic and cumbersome, and it lacks the standard features of other, more contemporary message boards. Therefore, the time has come to move DVTalk to a more modern, better equipped campsite. All visitors wishing to post must register. If you were previously a registered user of DVTalk, we transferred your DVTalk Nickname and the email address that you used as your Login Name -- but not your password. Therefore, you must either reset your password, or register a new account Read More

Goldpoint Thanksgiving 2016

• ADunning
  • Geologist, Musician, and DV enthusiast.
More
2 years 7 months ago #572 by ADunning
ADunning replied the topic: Goldpoint Thanksgiving 2016
Look forward to seeing your reports from Lee Wash! What else do you have planned?

Keep up with my trip reports and informative ramblings over at dvexplore.blogspot.com !
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
I miss Death Valley;...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #568 by Steve Hall
Steve Hall replied the topic: Goldpoint Thanksgiving 2016
Campgrounds are sold out at PSR for Thursday night. So if we dropped off the vehicle the night before, I'm not sure where we would stay. It would be easier that way, though. Maybe a campsite will open up.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
2 years 7 months ago #567 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Goldpoint Thanksgiving 2016
Sure, 7:00am is doable. Do we need to drop your car that morning as well, or do it later in the evening on Thursday?

I will be around the restaurant until most likely 10:00pm. If not, if any employee is still around, I have a PSR radio on me.

David Bricker / SYR - ITO

More
2 years 7 months ago #566 by Steve Hall
Hopefully we can arrive in time to eat on Thursday night. If not, we will still come by and look for you. Do you think we could leave PSR at 7:00am on Friday? That would allow us to start hiking for sure by 8:00am. Because it will be colder at the higher elevations (the hike starts about about 5,000 feet), I'd rather not start too early. At the same time, we do need to get back to our vehicle before dark.

• David_Bricker
  • PSR Fire Marshall
More
2 years 7 months ago #156 by David_Bricker
David_Bricker replied the topic: Goldpoint Thanksgiving 2016
Breakfast is served from 7am until 10am, when we close the restaurant to prepare. Thanksgiving dinner starts at noon, and there usually is a line that dissipates around 1pm. We serve the last meal when the last person comes through the door, but somewhere around 8:30 to 9pm. It is the free will offering dinner from noon until last meal - the regular menu is not available Thursday.

I will be around the restaurant until an hour or so after the last meal served. The bigger problem is getting me up in the morning, I never have been, nor ever will be, a morning person. However, to drop you off, it shoudn't be a problem, unless you're talking about a 5:00am departure.

David Bricker / SYR - ITO

More
2 years 7 months ago #155 by Steve Hall
Hey David, what's the latest we can find you at PSR next Thursday night? (And how late is food served?) We will be driving over from doing a hike in the Grapevines earlier that day. We'd like to get an early start for the Lee Wash hike on Friday morning if possible.