Re: Survival tip

[ Follow Ups ] [ Death Valley Talk - Archive Set 4 ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dezdan on December 04, 2002 at 05:33:24:

In Reply to: Survival tip posted by Cliff on December 03, 2002 at 16:31:08:

A very good trick I learned sometime ago involves Toilet Paper, a Nine-Volt battery and a Steel Wool Scrub Pad. Simply place some Toilet Paper on top of the Steel Wool scrub pad, then take the Nine-Volt battery and push it into the top of the Toilet Paper rocking it back and forth so that it rips through the Toilet Paper and starts to make direct or indirect contact with the Steel Wool. With the current from the battery entering the small diameter wires of the Steel Wool causing a small portion of the Wool to become glowing red hot igniting the Toilet Paper. This is a fun little technique to practice with and can also be done in the same fashion with a Tumbleweed in place of the Toilet Paper, and your Car Battery (connected to jumper-cables, using the cables as the contact points). With the 12 or 24 volts in you Car Battery, the Steel Wool will become almost molten easily igniting just about anything flammable!


Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Death Valley Talk - Archive Set 4 ] [ FAQ ]